Shopping for auto insurance online? Looking for auto insurance discounters so you can get the cheapest rate? Here's how to find them and the discounts they offer.
Auto Insurance Discounts
Auto insurance companies offer discounts for a number of different reasons. Here's a list of the discounts that will save you the most amount of money:
* Home/auto discount - Most insurance companies will give you a 10 to 15 percent discount if you insure your car and your home or condo with them.
* Multi-car discount - Many insurers will give you a 10 to 15 percent discount if you have two or more cars and insure them with them.
* Safety and security discount - You can get a sizeable discount if you have safety and security devices installed in your car such as burglar alarms, anti-theft devices, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
* Driver's education discount - You can get a discount with many insurers if you've taken a driver's ed course or a defensive driving course.
* Low mileage discount - You can get a discount if you drive less than the norm, especially if you drive less than 5,000 miles a year.
* Miscellaneous discounts - Different companies offer discounts for a variety of reasons - having a good driving record, being a senior, housing your car in a garage, not having filed claims, etc. Ask your agent about any discounts you may be eligible for before you buy an auto insurance policy.
Auto Insurance Discounters
Auto insurance discounters can offer cheap insurance because they keep their operating costs low.
You can find these companies by going to an insurance comparison website. There you can fill out a simple questionnaire and get rates from a number of different A-rated companies. The better sites even offer a chat service and a toll-free information line where you can get answers to your auto insurance questions. (See link below.)
If you're in doubt about an auto insurance discounter's reliability, you can go to your state's insurance department website to see the number of claims that have been filed against them. You can also get consumer ratings and reviews of a company by going to epinions.com.
Visit or click on the following link to get rates from top auto insurance discounters and see how much you can save. You can get more insurance tips in their Articles section.
The author, Brian Stevens, is a former insurance agent and financial consultant who has written a number of articles on auto insurance discounters.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Brian_Stevens
For more information, please visit: Auto Insurance Discounters