Ha Noi Vietnam Historical & Cultural Vestiges Quan Su Pagoda

Quan Su Pagoda

Location: Quan Su Pagoda (or the Ambassadors' Pagoda) is at 73 Quan Su Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi.
Characteristic: Formerly,it was a small Buddhist Pagoda, which had been constructed during the Le Dynasty in the 15th century to receive foreign envoys and ambassadors.

 

Quan Su Pagoda was built on the land of An Tap Village, Tho Xuong District, on the southern gate of Thang Long Capital (Quan Su Street, Hanoi nowadays).

In 1934, the pagoda was the headquarter of the Northern Buddhist Association.

Since 1942, the pagoda has been restored and expanded many times with a larger and better architectural structure.

Since 1958, this place has acted as the head office of the Vietnam Buddhist Association.

The pagoda opens daily from 7.30 to 11.30am and 1.30 to 5.30pm.

Comments